Turmeric is a flowering plant, Curcuma longa of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae, the roots of which are used in cooking. The rhizomes are used fresh or boiled in water and dried, after which they are ground into a deep orange-yellow powder commonly used as a coloring and flavoring agent in many Asian cuisines, especially for curries.
- Has antioxidant and anti-Inflammatory properties
- Fights various brain degenerative processes
- Lowers the risk of heart disease
- Helps prevent and even treat cancer
- Helps treating Alzheimer's disease
- Effective as Prozac in alleviating symptoms of Depression